Friday, August 17, 2018

New Girl in Town


Welcome Noemi Armenta-Saenz! Noemi (pronounced No-Amy) is one of the newest members of our Chevy-Buick family and the first and only bilingual female finance manager in the history of our store. No pressure.

Hailing from the southern part of Texas, Noemi attended The University of Texas at Brownsville. Her career in finance began after accepting a receptionist position with an auto dealer in 1995. “It began as a job to get through school and then I made it into a career,” said Noemi. She then accepted a position as a finance assistant. “I remember filling out a questionnaire that asked me where I wanted to be in five years and I wrote down ‘business manager.’” A few years later she went on to accept a position as one of the dealer’s finance managers. 

After 18 years (and a brief four-year pause from automotive), Noemi was ready to move on to a more permanent location. “I needed a home,” she said. “I came to Don Hewlett because of the name. I read into the company’s history and saw how involved they are in the local community, and of course the employee retention rate is great.” As the fourth member of the financial team, Noemi feels “honored” to also be among the seven women in leadership at Don Hewlett that defy the odds of female management in the automotive industry.

The purchase of a car is one of the biggest investments our customers will make, “my goal here is to serve my people,” she said, “and being bilingual is a huge asset for any company.” Noemi wants to help the Hispanic community buy a car. “It is comforting to customers when they know that there is someone here that can communicate with them. I want to let them know that we are not here to take advantage; that they will be treated equally and will be guided through one of the most important parts of the buying process.” 

While she is excited to expand our Hispanic market, Noemi looks forward to welcoming all customers to Don Hewlett. And on her down-time, she enjoys collecting M&M memorabilia. “My favorite is Ms. Green. She’s the only girl!” she said. “The one with the boots. The cool one.”


No comments:

Post a Comment