Thursday, August 16, 2018

I HAD THAT PROBLEM TOO...


Over the last year, we’ve noticed that many of our valued customers ask similar questions about the latest technology provided in their new car or truck.  Here are the top 3 questions that get asked most frequently.
How do I get my Apple Car Play/Android Auto to work?
How do I know if I’m due for an oil change? 
Why won’t my phone stay paired?

How do I get my Apple Car Play/Android Auto to work?
General Motors recommends using a factory authorized cord to tether your phone to the vehicle. These cords contain the correct connections for Apple Car Play/Android Auto to function properly on the radio screen. If you have a factory cord and it is still not functioning properly you can push the blue OnStar® button and ask for a technology advisor, or you can schedule an appointment with our service department. 

How do I know if I’m due for an oil change?
Your new vehicle has an Oil Life Monitoring system (OLM) that calculates - by percentage – when you’re due for an oil change.  Changing your oil too soon means that you may not have received the full use of the lubrication and filtering life.  When your oil gets recycled it takes the same energy to recycle half used oil as it does fully used oil. The OLM in your driver’s information system calculates your driving habits along with the temperature and mileage to fully use the lubricant.  When your OLM reads 20% or less it is time to schedule your oil change in the next 30 days or 1000 miles.  You may also be notified by the Dealer Maintenance Notification feature or DMN.  Your car’s DMN will notify both you and your dealer when your vehicle requires an oil change.
Push the blue OnStar button and tell the advisor that you want Don Hewlett listed as your preferred dealership to receive these helpful DMN maintenance reminders.


Xpress OilChange Pluslocated on the Don Hewlett Chevrolet Buick campus is open from 7am to 6pm Monday through Saturday.  No appointments are necessary.  Our goal is to get you in and out with an oil change, tire rotation, multipoint vehicle inspection and car wash in about an hour.

Why won’t my phone stay paired?
The biggest culprit with the latest technology is the common issue of cell phones not staying paired with the vehicle.  In many cases, an update done on the phone will cause connectivity problems by changing one minor setting.  When Apple or Android updates your phone it may be necessary to "re-pair" the phone to your vehicle.   Another problem could be the age of your phone. Some of the older phones are not up-to-date with the latest technology and may not be able to maintain the blue-tooth connection.

As always, you may contact the salesperson that assisted you with your purchase to go over any technology questions that may arise.  You are the reason we are here.



 

3 comments:

  1. Why is the RF transmitter so weak. i have to be right at my gate for it to open and many time it takes malleable attempts. Y,all worked on once before to no avail. my remote for older cars will work hundreds of feet away. Further my prior Silverado worked just fine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to dig deeper into this issue to see if we can come up with a solution. I would like to clarify the exact issue with you. Would you prefer to contact through email/text/phone? My email address is mstephens@donhewlett.com.
      Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.
      Mike

      Delete
  2. Excellent point. I have the same issue and would love to hear a solution

    ReplyDelete